19. september 2012

The Return


I have been away and lazy for way too long. I just reread my posts and discovered my writing is not so bad. Surprise, surprise. So now that I have some time on my hands I shall continue with my passion. Let’s review my list of movies to see.

J.Edgar

 As a DiCaprio fan I am not totally unbiased. The make-up is simply amazing. You can see Leonardo’s character in three different stages in his life. It's a political drama about the man who started the FBI. It’s interesting, well played and overall a good movie. I have seen it almost a year ago, that’s why I do not recall it well, but maybe that also says something about it.


The Ides of March and Drive

Both starring Ryan Gosling, who had a very successful year. The first one did not exceed my expectations. A political drama which shows us what you need to be like to get ahead in politics. I was looking for some sort of twist the whole time, but it did not grant my wish. On the other hand Drive showed a bit more promise from the second it started. The opening scene is brilliantly intense.  I must confess I was not entirely sure what the movie is about. And perhaps the story was not perfectly sought through. Gosling’s character is a wheelman, but his regular job is as a mechanic and also as a stuntman in Hollywood. He lives alone and is a bit of a lonely wolf, until he meets his neighbor Irene (Carrey Mulligan), who has a child and a husband who’s in jail. They both appear a little out of this world, vulnerable on the inside, but playing tough. That’s what connects them. There are a few awesome slow motion scenes accompanied by great emotion provoking music. If you are looking for fast moving, story bound movie I do not recommend it. But if you are more of an “artsy feely” type, you should definitely see it.


A Dangerous Method was a little bit disappointing. Did not feel the relationship between the main characters. I do not know their exact relationship and after watching it I still do not know. If they wanted to show it to a larger scale of audience, they should do a better job J . This is also the worst I have seen of Keira Knightly, she came across as over exaggerating and unbelievable.

The Iron Lady was really a masterpiece make-up wise, the storytelling is too fast and it leaves you shrugging your shoulders saying “ok”. Meryl Streep simply is a genius. 

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar